Product Rating

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
aarondmsu363

Product Rating

Post by aarondmsu363 »

Do you have a target product rating that you shoot for? For me, I usually aim for 100. I find that when my product rating is 100, the pie chart showing my market share fills up pretty quickly. Brand rating shoots up very fast. But I wonder if this is too mechanical. What are your benchmarks for overall product rating in retail?
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Re: Product Rating

Post by Spac3y »

I dont even think that far.

I tend to work on an R&D cycle of 1 x 5 year and 1 x 3 year for each product
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

aarondmsu363 wrote:Do you have a target product rating that you shoot for? For me, I usually aim for 100. I find that when my product rating is 100, the pie chart showing my market share fills up pretty quickly. Brand rating shoots up very fast. But I wonder if this is too mechanical. What are your benchmarks for overall product rating in retail?
I think it mostly depends more on the "local competitor competent", if the local overall rating is very low (local at very low competent can go into negative overall rating), if the local is very low, then you can also set the overall rating pretty low. But if there are competitors, and you end up into a fierce price war with them, then no matter how cheap you make them, some AI might be crazy enough to challenge you to stupidly high rating (I've see some chase me to 140 overall rating). That is to say, the overall rating although relative, but there seems to be a bottom line, if you want the brand loyalty to go up. (don't put it into negative)
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Post by aarondmsu »

eleaza wrote:
aarondmsu363 wrote:Do you have a target product rating that you shoot for? For me, I usually aim for 100. I find that when my product rating is 100, the pie chart showing my market share fills up pretty quickly. Brand rating shoots up very fast. But I wonder if this is too mechanical. What are your benchmarks for overall product rating in retail?
I think it mostly depends more on the "local competitor competent", if the local overall rating is very low (local at very low competent can go into negative overall rating), if the local is very low, then you can also set the overall rating pretty low. But if there are competitors, and you end up into a fierce price war with them, then no matter how cheap you make them, some AI might be crazy enough to challenge you to stupidly high rating (I've see some chase me to 140 overall rating). That is to say, the overall rating although relative, but there seems to be a bottom line, if you want the brand loyalty to go up. (don't put it into negative)
So if I am keeping my rating at 100 and have no other competitors in the market (e.g. the unfilled portion of my pie chart is white), would you say I'm leaving a lot of money on the table? I could probably raise my prices until my brand rating is around 75 or 80 and still keep the same market share.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Overall rating at 448% or more is where demand really picks up, thats the optimum starting point when your goods are either not a decent rating or low brand. You can effect price very well to get to that overall rating then work from their.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 am.