Excess capacity from farm/factory

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
asc2

Excess capacity from farm/factory

Post by asc2 »

I have a farm that is producing beef, I have a store that is purchasing from my own farm to sell to customer
When the factory is set to internal sales, the store is selling at max capacity with insufficient store capacity, the farm is under utilized
When the factory is set to non internal sales, the farm is producing at max capacity due to excess demand from AI store, however my own store could not acquire sufficient volume and therefore go under utilized

It seems like the only way to play without disrupting your own supply chain is to set to internal sales

Is there a trick that allows utilizing excess factory/farm capacity to AI without impacting own supply chain?
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Re: Excess capacity from farm/factory

Post by Parkerrush92 »

+1 This has been at the top of my list for awhile. Currently ceo options are the only workaround. I would like to see a real solution to this problem.
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Post by Parkerrush92 »

I have had moderate success using warehouses, but the problem still manifests. Warehouses become the main consumer of products out of the factory. The warehouses can be set to internal sale, but a supply glut still exists.
asc2

Post by asc2 »

This is my suggestion to David, when viewing clients, next to the go to client button, also have a button to "Prioritize"
Supply should satisfy demand from prioritized clients before any other clients
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

asc2 wrote:This is my suggestion to David, when viewing clients, next to the go to client button, also have a button to "Prioritize"
+1
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

Arcnor wrote:
asc2 wrote:This is my suggestion to David, when viewing clients, next to the go to client button, also have a button to "Prioritize"
+1
Agreed. And/or "Prioritize my companies" in that Client window, so it's a bit more dynamic. That also makes it sound like it would work as a CEO management option.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Thats a very good suggestion ! Given the cost to transport to another city, it pretty much does seem like you only have the 2 options at the moment, underutilise or overutilise so your never really efficient with the farms at the moment
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

I feel the issue is the selling price for all cities are uniform for a single firm, so you got excessive purchasing from high RWR city, and the only way to differentiate the prices is setting different warehouses in different city, however players have to pay for the internal freight cost and warehouse maintenance.

Maybe we could add options like differentiation prices to different cities in a single sales unit, or an option of buyer/seller paying freight in warehouses?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

... something like this? Feature request - extended sale policy - http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =14&t=4212
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
PinoX7
Level 2 user

Post by PinoX7 »

My farms always dump supply into warehouses.

Your store can buy directly from the farm (set to internal sale) and your warehouse can sell anything left over.

This also really makes it easy to scale up production if you need to, and you only have to bother setting the warehouse price.

-James